Commercial Pilot Licence
There are many reasons to go on and obtain your CPL. For some it will be just to become more professional and proficient in their personal flying. For others it is a pathway to a new career. At SFT we offer the non-integrated CPL course. This means you are not required to commit to a full time, expensive course and can learn and train at your own pace. It is suited to self-paced self-funded individuals looking for a quality training experience.
This is a basic single engine CPL. You can add on modules to do an instrument rating or multi engine rating. As well you can go on to do an instructor rating. The pricing is a guide to the basic CPL.
Requirements for a CPL
- Minimum age 18 years
- Flight training with an approved school
- 200 hours (our course covers 50 hours training and you must have a current PPL)
- Pass seven CPL theory exams
- Pass the CPL flight test
- Medical (Aviation) Class 1 (Class 2 for some CPL operations)
This is where individual training becomes most useful. Our industry experienced instructors with airline, air traffic controller and general aviation experience can give you insight and advice on what may work best for you.
SFT is not designed to be a mass training academy but a personalised quality flight school. If this is what you want we can provide the expertise to deliver an enjoyable highly functional learning experience.
- Typical cost is around $25,000 to $30,000
- Flying lessons
- Theory and textbooks
- Medical (if upgrade needed)
- Exams (exam fees and CASA booking fees)
- Navigation gear
- Realistically allow a budget of $25,000 to $35,000 additional to obtaining your CPL